The following resources are available to all agents in WHBC.
Building your knowledge
- Landlord checklist
A checklist to help ensure your landlords are meeting current legal requirements
- HMO regulations made simple
A guide to the management of houses of multiple occupancy
- Training courses
WHBC runs a range of courses to help agents and landlords keep up-to-date with their responsibilities and landlord and tenant legislation. We offer discounts to PAL accredited agents.
- PAL accreditation scheme for agents
A leaflet that gives an overview for agents of the PAL accreditation scheme
- PAL Gaining partner accreditation
Full details of the application process and checks to become a PAL accredited agent
- PAL Maintaining partner accreditation
Details of how to maintain your PAL partner accreditation
- Application form to become an accredited partner
The application form and associated declarations can be completed online.
- PAL Code of Practice for Agents
The declaration that all accredited agents must sign on application, committing them to meeting the standards set out in the PAL Rental Property Standards
- PAL Rental Property Standards for houses in multiple occupation
An outline of the legal and supplementary standards that all PAL accredited HMO properties need to meet
- PAL Rental Property Standards for single occupancy properties
An outline of the legal and supplementary standards that all PAL accredited single occupancy properties need to meet
- PAL Is your agent accredited
Document that explains the benefits of working with accredited agents
- Healthy Hub Welwyn Hatfield Provides residents of the borough with access to local advice and services about eating healthy and keeping active.
Further resources are available to accredited agents including a leaflet that explains the benefits of working with an accredited agent to your customers and posters to put up at your premises. You will be given printed copies of these once awarded your accreditation. To access electronic copies, you will need to login to our members’ portal.