FIT AND PROPER PERSON
I declare that I am a *fit and proper person to be accredited.
Neither I, nor any person associated or formerly associated with me, in particular have been convicted of:
- committing any offence involving fraud or other dishonesty, or violence or drugs or any offence listed in Schedule 3 of the Sexual offences Act 2003 (offences attracting notification requirements);
- committing any unlawful discrimination on grounds of sex, colour, race, ethnic or national origins or disability in, or in connection with, the carrying on of any business.
- contravening any provision of the law relating to housing or of landlord and tenant law; or
- acting otherwise than in accordance with any applicable code of practice approved under section 233.
*A fit and proper person is defined in the Housing Act 2004 as one who does not have or has not had any relevant unspent convictions and in particular the ones stated above
During the last five years neither I, nor any person associated or formerly associated with me, have:
been in control of any property subject to a control
- order under section 379 of the Housing Act 1985;
- been refused a licence or had a licence removed for any property in relation to HMO, additional or selective licensing under the Housing Act 2004;
- been found to have breached a condition on a licence for any property in relation to HMO, additional or selective licensing under the Housing act 2004;
- been found by a local authority to have acted otherwise than in accordance with any Code of Practice approved under Section 233 of the Housing Act 2004;
- been in control of any property that has been the subject of any proceedings by a local authority (such as breaches of the Environmental Protection Act, planning control of compulsory purchase proceedings).;
- been in control of any property on which the local authority has carried our work in default; or
- been in control of any property, which has been the subject of an interim or final management order or a special interim management order under the Housing Act 2004.
We may approach other Authorities such as the Police Authority, Fire and Rescue Service, Office of Fair Trading, County Court, etc, for information and confirmation.
Signing the Declaration will be taken as your agreement to any such action and that you are confirming that none of the above prevents you from being an accredited landlord.